Do you have elderly neighbours?
More and more elderly people are suffering from loneliness in our community. By being a friend to elderly neighbours you can help prevent them from loneliness
Here are some ideas on how you can be a friend to an elderly neighbour:
- Are you going shopping? Why not ask your neighbour if they need anything?
- Cutting the grass? You could ask your neighbour if theirs need doing.
- Off to the pharmacy? Ask them if they would like you to pick anything up for them.
- Do you go into town regularly? Why not offer your neighbour a lift?
- Are you interested in the history of the town? Ask an older neighbour to share their local knowledge.
- Planning a holiday? How about asking them to feed the cat or fish?